WCBS FM101.1 - History of Rock: The 60's, Part 1
by Various Artists
Compiled For WCBS FM101.1 (series)
|You Save:||$11.99 (71% Off)|
Currently Out of Stock: We'll get more as soon as possible
sku: COL 2500
- Released: March 14, 2006
- Originally Released: 1991
- Label: Collectables Records
- 1.DionRunaround Sue
- 2.Toni FisherThe Big Hurt
- 3.Del ShannonKeep Searchin
- 4.Jan & DeanBaby Talk
- 5.The Shangri-LasRemember (Walking In The Sea)
- 6.Curtis LeePretty Little Angel Eyes
- 7.The ChantelsLook In My Eyes
- 8.The DreamloversWhen We Get Married
- 9.The Hollywood ArgylesAlley Oop
- 10.The CharadesPlease Be My Love Tonight
- 11.Randy & The RainbowsDenise
- 12.The Jive FiveMy True Story
- 13.The ChiffonsHe's So Fine
- 14.The ChimesOnce In A While
- 15.The CrestsStep By Step
- 16.Paul & PaulaHey Paula
- 17.Larry VerneMr. Custer
- 18.Kathy Young & The InnocentsA Thousand Stars
- 19.The DupreesYou Belong To Me
- 20.Barbara GeorgeI Know
- 21.The CorsairsSmokey Places
- 22.The Capris (Old Town)There's A Moon Out Tonight
- 23.The Dixie CupsChapel Of Love
- 24.J. Frank WilsonLast Kiss
Unknown Contributor Role: The Hollywood Argyles.
Collectables History of Rock: The 60s, Pt. 1 is a budget-priced collection featuring a variety of doo wop, girl group, and novelty tracks from the beginning of that decade. Among the 24 songs on this first edition are "Runaround Sue" (Dion), "He's So Fine" (the Chiffons), "Hey Paula" (Paul & Paula), "Alley Oop" (Hollywood Argyles), "Chapel of Love" (the Dixie Cups), and "Baby Talk" (Jan & Dean). The sound quality is average, but since these are the original hits, the bargain bin price is worth it. ~ Al Campbell
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 4 ratings.
Based on 4 ratings.
Write an online review to share your thoughts with other customers.
Could have been better Music Lover: Bdog from Huntington, WV -- April, 12, 2005
There are some great songs on here, don't get me wrong. But, there are some that just need to go away, like Last Kiss and Mr. Custer. Replace those two songs with a couple of early 60's vocal groups and you would have a very good collection.