Clifton Chenier Bayou Blues
|You Save:||$1.20 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Fantasy Warehouse Clearance Sale product may be specifically marked for one-way sale
- Released: June 30, 1989
- Originally Released: 1989
- Label: Specialty
- $0.99 on iTunes1.Boppin' The Rock
- $0.99 on iTunes2.The Things I Did For You
- $0.99 on iTunes3.Yesterday
- $1.29 on iTunes4.Clifton's Squeeze-Box Boogie
- $0.99 on iTunes5.I'm On My Way-Part 1
- $1.29 on iTunes6.Eh, Petite Fille
- $0.99 on iTunes7.All Night Long
- $0.99 on iTunes8.Opelousas Hop
- $0.99 on iTunes9.I'm On My Way-Part 2
- $0.99 on iTunes10.Think It Over
- $1.29 on iTunes11.Zodico Stomp
- $0.99 on iTunes12.The Cat's Dreamin'
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Producer: Art Rupe.
Compilation producer: Barret Hansen.
Includes liner notes by Barret Hansen.
Digitally remastered by Little Walter DeVenne.
Personnel: Clifton Chenier (vocals, accordion).
Liner Note Author: Barret Hansen.
Unknown Contributor Role: Clifton Chenier.
Clifton Chenier's recordings for the Los Angeles-based Specialty label in the fifties are among his earliest. What these dozen tracks make clear is that he was creating a music that has the same clarity and sense of purpose he'd have over the next thirty years. Combing his homeland Cajun music with blues, he created an alluring blend that was at once hypnotic and danceable. By the late sixties his success spilled over into the rest of the world, making him the first bona fide Cajun star. As both an instrumentalist--on his accordion--and a singer, he was never short of impassioned. This set is a bracing look at his strong beginnings. For his recordings of a decade later, try BON TON ROULET! or LOUISIANA BLUES AND ZYDECO.