The Wrong Man
Warner Bros. DVD Clearance Sale (series)
|You Save:||$8 (53% Off)|
- New Making-Of Documentary Guilt Trip: Hitchcock and The Wrong Man
- Theatrical Trailer
- Languages: English and French
- Subtitles in English, French and Spanish
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 45 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Released: September 7, 2004
- Originally Released: 1956
- Label: Warner Home Video
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 1.85
- Mono 1.0 - English
- Mono 1.0 - French
- Additional Release Material:
- Documentary: GUILTY TRIP: HITCHCOCK AND THE WRONG MAN
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Henry Fonda & Vera Miles|
|Performer:||Anthony Quayle, Harold J. Stone, Esther Minciotti, Charles Cooper, Nehemiah Persoff & Laurinda Barrett|
|Directed by||Alfred Hitchcock|
|Edited by||George Tomasini|
|Screenwriting by||Angus MacPhail|
|Composition by||Bernard Herrmann|
|Cinematography by||Robert Burks|
|Art Direction by||Paul Sylbert & William L. Kuehl|
|Produced by||Alfred Hitchcock|
"[B]oth leads are superb, and Miles' emotional disintegration is unforgettable."
Description by OLDIES.com:
Henry Fonda plays musician Manny Balestrero, a man full of visible but unspoken rage at his wrongful arrest. Vera Miles is his distraught wife Rose, driven to madness by the ordeal. And the right man to bring the unsettling facts of the case to vivid screen life with documentary precision is Hitchcock. He made New York City a star of the film and cast real-life Balestrero case witnesses in small roles. He shot in many actual locations, amongst them the Stork Club, Manny's jail cell and Rose's sanitarium.
- Hitchcock cameo: The director's trademark cameo does not occur during the film but takes the form of an introductory prologue emphasizing the veracity of the story, for which Hitchcock used many of the actual locations. Hitchcock narrates the prologue.
- THE WRONG MAN is based on a true story featured in Life magazine.
- Hitchcock strove to be faithful to the original story, using many of the actual locations, including the Stork Club, police station, and asylum.
- This is the first of Vera Miles's two appearances in Hitchcock films. She also stars in PSYCHO.
- Sales Rank: 8,479
- UPC: 085393186623
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item